H&M have just brought in their new autumn collection, so I thought I'd pick out a few of my favourites to talk about. I noticed there was a lot of warm, earthy tones, so tried to represent that in the collage. Also, leather and lace are going to be big this A/W so I chucked those in the mix too..
1) Boyfriend blazer - A classic piece for any season, but especially useful for your transitional wardrobe. If you live in the UK like me, you'll know what I mean when I say the weather can unpredictable, so it's good to have a simple jacket you can just throw on whenever you need it. The pink lining and cuffs add a touch of character to this otherwise neutral blazer. You can wear it with almost anything as long as it's not beige!
2) Leather shorts - They're not everyone's cup of tea, but like it or not, leather is going to be big this autumn. Personally I love the idea of clashing shiny black leather (or rather pleather in this case) with chunky knits, I find there's something appealing about the mixture of textures. H&M do a lovely leather skirt too which is worth a look.
3) Gold collar necklace - It's sort of a sophisticated take on tribal jewellery. It has the potential to be worn at most occassions - you can use it to dress up a baggy jumper or pair it with a jumpsuit for a dressy night time look. It really is versatile. It is one of H&M's more expensive jewellery pieces, but compared to some stores it's a steal!
4) Heeled Loafers - Loafers are really dominating the world of footwear this autumn, especially the heeled kind. Just slip these on with a dress, jeans, anything and your outfit has instantly gone up a notch. I think these particular ones would look lovely with a pair of beige knee-high socks, or even some lace ankle socks for a cutesy look. Did you ever think loafers and socks could look good? Nope, me neither ;)
5) Chunky knitted cardigan - I think chunky knits are the thing I miss most about A/W fashion. I love the colour of this ribbed H&M cardigan. It comes in navy blue and beige too. The knitted cardigan is one of those elusive garments which is both practical and stylish. They're perfect for bringing your summer wardrobe smoothly into autumn. Just add a chunky cardigan and black tights to any summer outfit and it is effortlessly transformed into an autumn-appropriate look.
6) Lace shift dress - Keep things simple and chic with this 60's inspired cream lace dress. I like how H&M have steered away from the traditional floral lace for this dress, and opted for a brocade sort of pattern instead. Just add black tights to this and a structured satchel bag and you're good to go. If you're not into the monochrome look, swap the black tights for coloured ones, that would look great too. Any of these from Topshop would do the trick.